Position open due to growth! The Senior Accountant is a member of the corporate accounting team and supports the general day-to-day accounting for the company, with a focus on long-term investments.
location: La Jolla, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $75,000 - 85,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 3 Years
Specific duties include:
- Manage global fixed assets accounting
- Help manage the company's long-term corporate investments, including carried interest allocations from the general partner perspective
- Maintain and update investment rollforward schedules
- Process and record capital call and distribution notices
- Assist with carry distributions and record related entries
- Reconcile capital account balances
- Assist with treasury activities, including but not limited to:
- Prepare wires and ACH batches
- Monitor cash balances
- Prepare and enter month-end journal entries
- Perform other duties as requested.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Accounting with a minimum of three years of professional accounting experience
- Prior Public Accounting experience preferred (Big 4 or Large Regional)
- CPA preferred
- Strong knowledge of GAAP accounting principles and financial reporting concepts
- Acute attention to accuracy and detail
- Must be sharp, articulate, and highly motivated
- Ability to prioritize activities while working on multiple projects to achieve target deadlines
- Familiarity with investment partnership reporting a plus
- Professional demeanor and an ability to work well in a team environment
- Highly proficient in using Excel, Word, and other Microsoft office programs
- NetSuite experience a plus
skills: Account Reconciliation
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.