The Staff Accountant performs various duties to support the accounting and finance functions of the business and its operations. The Staff Accountant will have hands-on accounting experience and an in-depth understanding of accounting principles and company practices, this position will perform complex accounting activities.
location: Houston, Texas
job type: Contract
salary: $26 - 28 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
- Balance sheet account review and reconciliation and preparation of associated BS notes.
- P&L variance analysis including review of detailed revenue and cost transactions.
- Subsystem control including client receivables collections and DSO reporting, fixed assets, payroll and inventory.
- Participation to physical count (inventory, fixed assets) and reconciliation with sub-ledger.
- Control and preparation of general ledger entries including prepaid, accruals, allocations, etc.
- Control over systems posting and reporting.
- Ad Hoc reporting, analysis or projects as required
- Assist in the formulation of budgetary and accounting policies
- Provide assurance about the accuracy of information contained in financial reports and their compliance with statutory requirements
- Provide financial and taxation advice on business structures, plans and operations
- May appraise cash flow and financial risk of capital investment projects
- Finance or Accounting Degree Required
- 5 + years in a financial role
- Problem Solving: basic skill in project estimation with standard complexity, creative and innovative solutions, analytical oriented and basic decision making skills communication.
- Leadership: functions independently and in a team with basic project mgt. skills.
- Communication: Standard oral and written communication skills and customer oriented.
- Cross Discipline: basic understanding of company strategy the practice of the principles of Quality Management.
skills: Oracle, SAP, Excel, Account Reconciliation, Financial Statements, Bank Reconciliations, GAAP, Month-End Close, Dynamics, Excel Pivot Tables
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.