One of our preferred clients of the Greater New Haven County area, is seeking a Bookkeeper for their Family Office Services division. The company has been experiencing a tremendous amount of growth and expansion due to their client success! This role requires a high energy, experienced professional with strong interpersonal skills.
The company offers flex hours, a healthy work/life balance, with exceptional pay and benefits, along with opportunities for professional advancement. If you are looking for a company that will truly invest in your career, please apply!
location: New Haven, Connecticut
job type: Permanent
salary: $55,000 - 60,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Associate's degree
experience: 2 Years
- Preparing federal tax form 1041 primarily related to trusts, inputting of partnership K-1's brokerage activity, and related.
- Preparation of simple to moderate form 1040
- Assist professional staff in preparing workpapers, trial balances, depreciation schedules, entering data for computer applications and preparing engagement correspondence.
- Gathering data for tax return preparation and maintaining client tax files.
- Completing month end work (track payment of federal, state and local tax estimates, review G/L detail to be sure sufficient information is provided for preparation of year-end returns.)
- Minimal requirements including completion of an Associate Degree, or working towards a Bachelor's degree in Accounting, that includes a significant concentration of accounting or tax courses.
- 2+ years of experience in public accounting, corporate or private business.
- Strong understanding of accounting, bookkeeping and tax preparation services.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office and Excel.
- Ability to problem-solve and think both creatively and logically
- A demonstrated ability to self-direct and effectively organize, prioritize and manage multiple engagements under tight deadlines
- Outstanding interpersonal skills fostering client relationships
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and written and verbal communication skills
- Effective listening skills
- Ability to meet deadlines with accuracy
- Must have own personal transportation and an ability to travel within the New England client office locations.
: $55-60K, depending on experience
skills: Bookkeeping, Federal Tax
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.