Senior Accounting Analyst - Currently working with a larger publicly traded company in San Francisco that is currently seeking a Senior Accounting Analyst to support their corporate accounting group. This role would perform GAAP accounting analysis, period end closes and reporting, audit support, as well as partner with various other groups within the company. Qualified candidates will have 4+ years of experience within either public accounting or have mid/large size company experience within corporate accounting. Please apply for additional consideration.
location: San Francisco, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $90,000 - 100,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 4 Years
responsibilities: Responsibilities: Reviews and interprets policies, reporting requirements, rules and regulations:
- Analyzes and implements regulatory decisions and records the resulting balancing account entries
- Identifies issues, proposes solutions, and documents conclusions with minimal supervision.
Monitors and develops monthly reports and provides record of assets, liabilities and/or other transactions:
- Assists in the month-end closing process including journal entry preparation
- Prepares monthly account reconciliations for complex / high risk accounts, including
communications with appropriate internal and external business partners to understand / resolve reconciling items
- Prepares monthly variance analysis
- Prepares supporting documentation for annual and quarterly financial, tax and regulatory filings, and/or income tax return
Interprets data, reports and records for managers/stakeholders:
- Provides supporting documentation and explanations to internal and external auditors
- Demonstrates a complete understanding of assigned sections and has the ability to respond to inquiries.
- Manages communication with internal and external parties
Assists in setup of processes, procedures and other improvement efficiencies:
- Identifies process improvements to reduce risk and create efficiencies at the desk level.
- Assists in the implementation of process improvement initiatives undertaken by the department.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field
- Minimum of 4 years of accounting experience
- Knowledge of financial analysis and internal controls
- Excellent research and issue resolution skills
- Ability to assess and recommend solutions for moderate to complex projects
- CPA a plus
skills: General Ledger
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.