job summary: Global Payroll Manager - Currently working with a global high growth organization that is currently seeking a Global Payroll Manager for their team. This position would oversee a few payroll professionals and hands on manage all US payroll and work with global vendors regarding international payroll. Position would need to have strong project management skills as they are growing out their processes and systems and excellent communication skills. Qualified candidates will have 8+ years of payroll experience including global experience and management background. Please apply for further consideration.
location: Emeryville, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $120,000 - 140,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
experience: 8 Years
responsibilities: Responsibilities :
- Manage the US and Global Payroll Department consisting of 3 to 4 senior and junior staff
- Supervise the semi-monthly and monthly US and 15 plus international payroll processes, including master file and pay data additions and changes
- Set up employee tax jurisdiction for multiple state and local tax
- Set up payroll processes in new countries as we expand operations internationally
- Implement and manage processes to effectively track payroll activities such as review of leave of absence payments, retroactive payments, commissions, bonuses, new hires, terminations and expats.
- Manage PTO reporting to support PTO accrual for month end close
- Generate reports for finance, human resources, tax, upper management, legal, other department and third party consultants
- Respond to employee inquiries concerning payroll ensuring high customer satisfaction
- Document and enhance payroll processes and procedures, and manage internal controls
- Ensure that all monthly, quarterly and annual payroll tax filings are met; ensure all local statutory payroll and fringe benefit reporting requirements are met
- Support various internal and external audits, domestic and international as needed
- Responsible for processing the payroll related journal entries; the analysis and reconciliation of payroll liability accounts; and supporting month-end close activities
- Responsible for payroll policies & procedures
- Lead significant systems and process changes in the payroll function. Support the HR team in implementation of an HRIS system, including integration to US and international payroll systems. Build global payroll provider network and processes
- Timely and accurately prepare on-demand checks for terminations, retro-adjustments and other disbursements determined to be necessary for immediate distribution
- Responsible for payroll integrity through audit reports, data analysis and review of staff work
- Process and monitor garnishment orders and other issues that impact payroll specifications
- Use Payroll system report writer for the Timely preparation of Payroll information reports requested by different departments as needed
- Coordinate payroll funding requests with accounting/treasury department
- Ownership for compliance with federal, state, local and international tax and wage & hour laws, regulations or guidelines
- Comprehensive knowledge and work experience on multi-state tax jurisdiction set-ups and analysis for all employees
- Assist with ongoing set up, testing and maintenance of the payroll, HRIS and timekeeping systems
- Led a global payroll function with a fast growing company
- Bachelor's Degree
- CPP a plus
- 8+ years of payroll experience including strong supervisory and managerial experience
- Highly analytical and excellent problem-solving skills with working knowledge of general payroll protocols, accounting principles and Federal and State regulations
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, exceptional customer service and project management
- Global payroll experience required
- Excel expert - advance skills including Pivot Tables, V-Look-ups and Data validation
skills: Payroll - 500+
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.