A leading insurance solutions provider is in need of a Junior Graphic Designer
to assist with the preparation of print and digital visual communications.
This position will assist with the design, development, production and preparation of marketing and/or communications materials for the company and/or a specific business unit - specifically for meetings, events and incentive conferences.
location: Columbus, Ohio
job type: Contract
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 1 Years
- Assists in the design, development and implementation of the graphic, layout, printing specifications, and production for booklets, programs, presentations, multi-media, digital banners and assets, promotional pieces and other communication material for the company and/or business unit as outlined in creative brief.
- Participates in brainstorms and captures brainstorm results.
- Pitches ideas to creative team.
- Designs and prepares graphics and formal layouts that include finished artwork or illustrations.
- Assists in the evaluation and assessment of materials and graphic services in order to ensure accuracy in the design and brand.
- Analyzes the customer's desired outcome and audience and researches design options and production methods.
- Works with team leader and/or management to develop schedules, milestones and priorities within the creative process.
- Assists in the administration and coordination of in-house vendor services in order to meet production requirements.
- Assists in determining production schedules for creative work based on print deadlines.
- Supports brand adherence.
- Develops graphics for digital registration system and mobile app technology.
- Identifies and corrects inconsistencies in existing materials.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Experience in all aspects of the graphic and art design field.
- Must have design experience in visual communications including digital, print and branding/identity.
- Must have strong skills in the operation of computer graphics, illustration, and software programs.
- Must have knowledge of layout, design and graphic applications, concepts, and theories.
- Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop experience is required.
- Working knowledge and willingness for continued learning in HTML/web design and photo editing. Working knowledge of business software, Microsoft Office.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.