An established tech manufacturing company is seeking an experienced Accounting Manager. The role will oversee AR, AP, Billing, recommend strategic plans, complete audits, determine system improvements, sustains accounting controls, manage processes, report research results and be mentor to staff. Must have a minimum of 4 years in accounting management, AR automation and systems upgrades. Great upward mobility. Bachelor's degree in Accounting required.
location: Menlo Park, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $130,000 - 150,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
ACCOUNTING MANAGER JOB DUTIES:
- Achieves accounting operational objectives by contributing accounting information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans, resolving problems, completing audits, identifying trends, determining system improvements and implementing change.
- Sustains accounting controls by maintaining a chart of accounts; defining and following accounting policies and procedures.
- Guides other departments by maintaining and interpreting accounting policy; applying observations and recommendations to operational issues.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results.
- Manages Processes, Reporting Research Results, Management Proficiency, Coordination and Motivates Others
- Accomplishes accounting human resource objectives by orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, required
Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum five years' experience in accounting;
- Minimum of three years' in an accounting management role
- Solid written and verbal communication skills with technical and analytical abilities with superb attention to detail
- Excellent proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite with a strong emphasis in Excel
- Experience with Microsoft Great Plains preferred
- Experience with AR automation preferred
- Experience in accounting systems version upgrade, required
If interested, please contact email@example.com
skills: Account Reconciliation, Accounts Receivable, Billing, A/P Processing, A/P Supv/Mgmt Responsibility, A/R Supv/Mgmt Responsibility, Aging Receivables, Audit - Internal, A/P Review, A/R Review, AR Billing
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.