This is an exciting opportunity north of Boston to join a growing, dynamic company. Our client is looking for an Accounting Manager coming from a product driven company with a national, multi-site presence.
The successful candidate will be an articulate, self-motivated professional with strong business partnering skills who can drive performance and improve financial performance.
location: Woburn, Massachusetts
job type: Permanent
salary: $100,000 - 120,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 7 Years
The Accounting Manager will be responsible for a wide range of duties including month end close, financial reporting, reviewing and forecasting expenses, financial analysis, improving policies and procedures as well as strengthening controls.
- Assist with maintaining the general ledger; ensure reconciliations are timely and accurate
- Assist in maintaining a well-documented system of accounting policies and procedures
- Analyze financials and variances (vs Budget and YoY).
- Assist with annual budget
- Provide ad hoc reporting, create and update financial models
- Continuously strive to improve processes and ensure procedures adhered to
- Product and cost accounting
- Maintain Fixed Assets and assist with Inventories
- Coordinate with external audits
The ideal candidate will have:
- 4 year accounting degree
- CPA and/or MBA a plus
- 7+ years of relevant experience in a product/manufacturing environment
- Must have strong communication skills (will work closely with executives)
- Advanced Excel skills
- Motivated with keen business sense
skills: Financial Statements, Financial Reporting
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.