Seeking a Staff Accountant
to provide accounting support to the organization and ensure that appropriate financial processes and systems are in place. Creates and maintains a culture of compliance and organizational excellence through collaboration with accounting and finance.
location: Clearwater, Florida
job type: Contract
salary: $22 - 24 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Associate's degree
experience: 2 Years
- Accounts Payable & Receivable - process payments via check, ACH, wire or credit card.
- Bank Accounts - Reconcile daily and at month-end.
- Employee Credit Cards - reconcile and post entries to accounting system throughout the month.
- Employee/Sales Reps Expense Reports - Post entries into accounting system manually or from ERP system.
- Post General Ledger Entries
- Reconcile General Ledger Accounts
- Complete Cash Flow report based on cash projections of accounts receivable, accounts payments, payroll and loan payments.
- Balance Accounts Payable/Receivable Past Due Report daily and email/call customers as necessary.
- Balance sales tax entries to tax software and setup any new states where company charges sales tax
- Print and mail out month-end statements to customers.
- Assist with month-end closing financial reports.
- Work closely with Controller to serve as a backup for his duties.
- Assist in the financial reporting process for internal management reporting
- Ensures that balance sheet reconciliations are completed and reviewed in a timely manner
- Research and analyze AP/AR issues as they develop
- Assists in the timely completion of all debits and credits assigned to them for the successful completion of the month end close
- Work with business teams & Corporate functions to help improve financial results and efficiency
- Support financial audits
- Prepare bank and monthly account reconciliations
- Participate in special projects as required
qualifications: Essential Skills:
Qualifications and Skills
- Analytical skills, creative problem-solving ability, communication skills, and a personal commitment to quality.
- Strong customer service orientation in all dealings with internal and external customers
- Bachelor's degree required (Finance/Accounting majors preferred).
- Must have experience with ERP systems
- Requires experience performing accounts payable, accounts receivable, journal entries, and reconciliations.
- Must have strong communication skills and be able to interface with all levels of management
- Ability to manage a broad range of activities and juggle multiple tasks
- Strong Microsoft Office (Excel) skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Organized, self-motivated, ability to multi-task and work independently
- Working in a manufacturing environment a plus
skills: General Accounting and Finance Skills
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.