My client, a large financial services company, is currently seeking a Senior Tax Accountant Analyst
with RIC (regulated investment company) taxation experience is helpful, but not required. CPA preferred with strong corporate tax accounting experience.
This is a 18 month engagement and is available for immediate hire.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Must have corporate tax experience. partnerships, S corps etc.
- Working on tax for mutual funds
- Will do some Tax provision work.
location: Irvine, California
job type: Contract
salary: $70 - 72 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 10 Years
responsibilities: Primary Responsibilities of Senior Tax Accountant Analyst:
- Performs general and specific accounting procedures of varying degrees of complexity; process General Ledger (GL) transactions; reconcile GL accounts and source data, or sub ledger detail; calculate company expenses and fees
- Reviews accounting transactions, GL accounts, and reconciliations in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Analyzes company financials, considering intercompany relationships and business drivers, to identify risks and trends, for reporting to management.
- Compares forecast financial information to actual results, and analyzes and explains variances; Leads completion of the monthly close process for assigned areas.
- Oversees changes to accounting policies resulting from new or changing accounting standards and new business transactions or fees in coordination with Financial Reporting and Regulatory requirements.
qualifications: Required Qualifications:
Education and Technical Skills:
- Knowledge of accounting principles and practices, analysis and reporting of financial data.
- In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Demonstrates analytical skills in areas of high complexity and ambiguity.
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/ year-end close process
- The individual will be expected to work up-front guidance and take ownership of his/her work product
- Strong communication skills and ability to effectively partner with the global finance team.
Click to Apply
- Requires a minimum of 5 to 10 years of experience in accounting, finance, or a related function.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, or a related degree; CPA or MBA is preferred
- Requires advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and the ability to work comfortably with the Microsoft Office suite.
- Strong computer skills, especially advanced in Microsoft Excel (Pivot tables, V-Lookups, etc) and experience with an enterprise accounting system (such as SAP).
- GAAP and SEC reporting experience is preferred but not required
skills: Corporate Tax, Partnership Tax, Analysis, Tax Provision
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.