job summary: Randstad Professionals
is recruiting for a Senior Medical Billing Specialist for a growing hospital in Las Vegas. This position will primarily be responsible for the billing of Medicare/Medicaid for managed care.
location: North Las Vegas, Nevada
job type: Contract
salary: $20 - 22 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
education: No Degree Required
experience: 5 Years
- Handles billing of payer claims (primary, secondary and tertiary) according to contract terms to include Medicare and Medicaid guidelines.
- Runs assigned daily billing reports to determine account needs and updates files with current billing information.
- Reviews and confirms that appropriate billing documentation has been obtained, including authorizations and Certificates of Medical Necessity as required.
- Maintains knowledge of Medicaid and Medicare guidelines and applies that knowledge to billing as required by individual contracts.
- Understands Medicaid, Medicare and Insurance billing, including coordination of benefits.
- Monitors electronic transmission of claims to avoid delay in processing of E-bill file to clearinghouse. Check and balance all claims were loaded and file was received.
- Identifies, monitors and corrects rejected electronic and paper claims.
- Works with Team Leader and Supervisor to maintain accuracy of reference materials and implementation of new billing codes and fee schedules.
- Multi-tasks in various computer applications to gather billing and collection information.
- Verifies data entry to ensure accuracy of imported/keyed data.
- Works un-billed revenue reports to verify pending claims and bring them closure.
- Reconciles open accounts to clearly establish patient responsibility.
- AA Degree preferred but not required
- 5+ years Medical Billing/Collections experience
- Knowledge of Medicare guidelines, Medicaid programs, Managed Care and Commercial contracting
- Proficiency in Windows environment, with emphasis on Word and Excel
Compensation is up to $22/hr based on experience. Qualified candidates please click apply or email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration.
skills: Medical Terminology, Medical Billing, Medical Billing - Charge Master, Medical Billing - Denials
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.