job summary: Data Analyst III
An Energy providing company, serving more than 3.3 million electric customers and 1.8 million natural gas customers, is currently seeking an experienced professional to join the Transmission Engineering Operations team in Minneapolis, Minnesota as a Data Analyst.
The primary function of the Data Analyst is to gather information from a variety of sources (e.g. historical documents, other datasets, engineering and construction personnel, etc.), and to use this information to make updates to SAP Master Data. Reporting and analytics of Master Data for a variety of end-uses is also required.
The data generally pertains to electric transmission equipment, so knowledge of this equipment or ability to learn on the job, the basics of electric substation and transmission line equipment is required.
location: Shakopee, Minnesota
job type: Contract
salary: $38.43 - 53.38 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
experience: 3 Years
responsibilities: Primary Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
**Up to 10% travel is possible.
- Performs data collection, analysis, validation, cleansing, and reporting.
- Designs, codes, tests, debugs, and documents ETL processes, SQL queries, and stored procedures.
- Extracts and analyzes data from various sources, including databases, manual files, and external websites.
- Responds to data inquiries from various groups within an organization.
- Creates and publishes regularly scheduled and ad-hoc reports.
- Documents reporting requirements and processes and validates data components as required.
qualifications: Required Qualifications:
If you wish to apply, please send your resume along with a summary of your qualifications directly to: email@example.com
- Requires experience with relational databases and knowledge of query tools and/or statistical software.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills also essential.
- Must possess expert level knowledge of MS Excel.
- Data Governance, data science and / or data analytics education and experience preferred.
- SAP experience is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of electric transmission system equipment is preferred.
skills: SAP, Excel
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.