My client, a large Financial Services company, is currently seeking a Senior Writer
to work with their Creative Design Marketing Team. This Senior Writer
role will work on a variety of content pieces for both the Cross-Channel and Personal Investing pods, and in multiple formats - email, social posts, web articles, landing pages, presentations and brochures. The work will require a capacity for compelling storytelling rooted in audience insights and backed up with compelling data presentations. This is a 12 month engagement.
The Senior Writer
must have experience working in financial services writing/marketing, with an emphasis on digital marketing assets, required. Experience working in a corporate environment strongly preferred. Must provide 2 to 3 writing samples to demonstrate range of expertise.
location: Los Angeles, California
job type: Contract
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
- The Senior Writer works independently on standardized/recurring assignments and under the direct supervision of more senior team members on complex projects, analyses, and tasks. Updates content of existing print, email, presentation, or web communication materials with new information to reflect current tone, statistics and timeframes. Writes original content by conducting necessary research and ensuring content aligns with the business goals and communicates the desired message. Executes core content that may be leveraged through print and digital channels.
- Revises and repurposes existing content. Updates materials to reflect current tone, statistics and timeframes. Ensures content adheres to corporate brand standards, style guides, and legal and compliance guidelines. Recommends revisions to communications to ensure alignment with organizational tone and current industry practice.
- Develops original content. Collaborates with content stakeholders to understand and follow strategic direction, key objectives, and themes for content. Researches statistical, product, audience, and other relevant information to successfully complete writing assignments. Utilizes online information, statistical databases, and research library. May conduct interviews with senior business leaders and investment professionals.
- Writes original content for communications, including, but not limited to, marketing materials, reports on markets and portfolios, articles, and topical pieces for various audiences. Ensures content aligns with business goals, communicates the desired message to the intended audience, and adheres to corporate brand standards, style guides, and legal and compliance guidelines. Translates content for delivery in multiple channels, utilizing the content management tool to develop individualized sets and elements and to tag for search engine optimization. May synthesize input from sources with diverse perspectives to create content representative of collective contributors; may provide rationale for content decisions to senior team members.
- Liaises with other business groups. Collaborates with Marketing and other business groups on larger campaigns or initiatives to ensure alignment with project objectives. May serve as creative lead on development and distribution of broad communication efforts to update, educate and provide direction to regionally-specific associate populations.
- Manages writing projects. Collaborates with others to guide process and ensure deliverables are completed in a timely manner. Ensures changes in content and schedules are communicated to the appropriate associates within the project work group and any other relevant areas. Acts as the primary contact for a project's reviewers during circulations. May collaborate with the Designer to develop layout and concepts.
- Keeps abreast of company, industry and regulatory changes, and internal initiatives
Click to Apply
- Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to effectively communicate with a diverse group of associates and senior business leaders; strong grammar and syntax skills; strong presentation skills; strong inter-personal skills
- Demonstrates the ability to work in a team environment; initiative to work and learn independently and proactively contribute to department goals; and ability to lead others while maintaining effective business relationships with associates throughout the organization
- Demonstrates strong detail orientation, process orientation, organizational, and multi-tasking skills; ability to effectively manage an unpredictable workload and meet established deadlines
- Demonstrates sound judgment in resolving matters of moderate complexity
- Demonstrates an in-depth knowledge of multiple content channels
- Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of financial and investment concepts
- Requires at least 5 years of financial writing experience in a creative, corporate environment
- Strong interpersonal skills - experience working with various teams of people
- Excellent organization and communication (written and verbal) skills required.
- Ability to multi-task with excellent follow through.
- Must provide 2 to 3 writing samples to demonstrate range of expertise.
skills: Writing - Documentation
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.