An experienced Sr HR Generalist with extensive compliance, employee relations and workers compensation background is needed at an established Real Estate company. This is an opportunity for the HR Generalist to move up to a HR Manager title. The Generalist will have thorough knowledge of application of federal, state and local laws governing equal employment opportunity and civil rights, occupational safety and health, workers' compensation, wage and hour issues and labor relations. Candidates must have 4+ years in HR, min of 2 in leadership. Bachelors degree required. SHRM, PHR or SPHR certification preferred.
location: San Mateo, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $90,000 - 100,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 4 Years
- Uphold impeccable standards as they relate to employee relations and compliance is an essential component to how we maintains integrity in this business. The Sr HR Generalist / HR Manager will provide employee relations support in areas such as employee counseling and performance management. You will act as a liaison to ensure compliance with all labor-related matter such as federal, state and local employment and civil rights laws. You will maintain and administer employment policies, wage and salary administration, employment-related ADA and safety/workers' compensation.
- Promptly and thoroughly respond to inquiries that can vary from policy questions to employee-relations issues.
- Provide general support for areas such as payroll, benefits and recruitment.
- Lead processes such as the annual Engagement Survey and other initiatives such as our 90-day/stay-on/exit interviews. You will be responsible for telling the story behind key metrics such as turnover, workers' compensation and other measurements.
- Bachelor's degree required with a preference for Human Resources related field
- SHRM PHR or SPHR Certification preferred
- 4+ years' experience in Human Resources
- Minimum of two years leadership experience in Human Resources with direct reports or as an individual contributor
- Proven effectiveness at presenting information and responding to questions regarding employee issues
- Thorough knowledge of application of federal, state and local laws governing equal employment opportunity and civil rights, occupational safety and health, workers' compensation, wage and hour issues and labor relations.
If interested, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
skills: Workers Compensation Reporting Claims
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.