A non-profit financial services group is seeking a Contract Specialist to join their team.
location: Chicago, Illinois
job type: Permanent
salary: $75,000 - 85,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
- Review, draft, analyze and revise a broad range of product sales and services agreements, amendments, non-disclosure agreements, renewals and related documents.
- Review and edit vendor contracts and related documents.
- Review requests for proposals, requests for bids and other competitive solicitations; assist sales team in preparing responses to such bid requests.
- Advise business stakeholders with respect to contract and compliance issues.
- Engage with external customers and vendors to negotiate contract terms as needed.
- Conduct training with sales and other internal groups as appropriate on contract issues, internal policies and procedures.
- Ensure coordination with legal counsel and CFO on complex contract matters as necessary.
- Collaborate with internal subject matter experts in Finance, Sales, other business lines, and other departments regarding contract terms and obligations requiring their feedback and/or approval.
- Responsible for record keeping of all contracts and other legal agreements. Track and monitor significant contract terms and obligations, as well as termination and renewal requirements.
- Assist with regulatory filings, insurance renewals, risk management and other projects as assigned.
- Manage and facilitate various aspects of the contract process, including contract templates, document workflow and any tools or software related to contract management.
- Own and manage the contract management software system.
- Be an impactful, value add partner to the business.
- Bachelor's degree in legal studies, business or a related area required.
- Paralegal experience with either an Associate's paralegal degree or paralegal certificate required.
- 5+ years experience drafting, negotiating and managing a variety of customer and vendor contracts.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to interact effectively with internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- Demonstrated ability to draft and negotiate contract language with a thorough understanding of contract terms and conditions.
- Strong project management and organizational skills. Ability to manage multiple work assignments and meet critical deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Detailed oriented with strong critical thinking skills.
- Experience working directly with sales and operations teams.
- Strong understanding of commercial contracts, general business, and legal terms and usage. Ability to work collaboratively and contribute to the overall success of a team as well as work independently and handle multiple tasks.
- Proficiency with Microsoft suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Experience with contract lifecycle management tools and software is a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.