As an experienced collector, you will contribute to the minimization of risk to a key company asset, Accounts Receivable while adding value to the revenue growth. You will achieve this by managing the collection activities for a designated diverse customer base, dispute management and resolution with internal and external stakeholders and the appropriate escalations as needed.
location: Long Beach, California
job type: Contract
salary: $18 - 21 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
education: High School
experience: 4 Years
Primary Responsibilities Are But Not Limited To:
- Manage a diverse account base for collections, reconciliation and analysis in a high volume environment.
- Manage weekly call lists and customer aging to reduce past due delinquent debt in accordance with team goals.
- Assist manager and supervisor in motivating the team to meet collection goals.
- Prepare specialized excel statements as needed for the national and AAA accounts.
- Communicate with the customer in a professional and courteous manner to resolve past due outstanding balances on a timely basis.
- Strong command of the English language (both oral and written)
- Establish strong and proactive working relationships with internal and external customers and stakeholders.
- Provide timely updates on customer balance status as requested by Team Lead or Senior Management.
- Monitor dispute management and resolution in a timely manner with customer and operations to ensure overdue payment received.
- Follow the approved escalation procedures to highlight customer balances of concern and mitigate potential delinquency/bad debt.
- Prepare month end reporting per approved schedule.
- Follow approved policies and procedures and ensure professional demeanor at all times.
- - Complete the weekly review of credit balances for application to debits or refund.
- Must have strong and successful collections experience in commercial industries
- Minimum 4 years in a high volume environment, with logistics experience.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and self manage time to achieve multiple priorities.
- Team player who is detail and goal oriented with strong problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills that will adapt to suit recipients.
- Professional in all interactions with customers and colleagues.
- Punctual with reliable attendance.
- Experience in ERP systems preferably Oracle and ability to navigate multiple platforms.
- Strong Microsoft office skills, Excel in particular. Education
- Minimum High School Diploma (B.A. or B.S. Degree preferred)
To apply please reply to this posting or send your resume to Shaina.email@example.com
skills: Commercial Collections
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.