job summary: Cost Accountant
Under the management of the Controller this newly created position will be responsible for all inventory accounting functions.
location: Charlotte, North Carolina
job type: Contract
salary: $32 - 42 per hour
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 0 Years
responsibilities: Responsibilities include:
- Developing inventory analysis reports and analyzing variances
- Assisting in the improvement in internal controls related to inventory
- Verifying accurate standard costs
- Monitoring inventory transactions
- Reconciling inventory accounts to the general ledger
- Preparing monthly journal entries as needed
- Special projects as required
qualifications: The successful candidate possesses:
- A minimum of four years experience as an Inventory or Cost Accountant.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Accounting required.
- An understanding of GAAP in relation to inventory.
- Is flexible and able to work as part of a team.
- Proficient in MS Excel.
- Oracle experience.
skills: Cost Accounting
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.