Claim owner and decision-maker.
- Responsible for administering claims within contractual provisions and internal /external guidelines.
- Establishes a relationship with claimants to understand their perspective on their disability.
- Using that perspective and other information, identifies the claimant's functional capacity and leverages that capacity within the context of the contract to support and encourages return to work as appropriate.
location: Tampa, Florida
job type: Contract
salary: $13 - 18 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
education: No Degree Required
experience: 0 Years
- Manages overall STD block of claims and possible companion claims to include Statutory plans, Federal, Company, State and other Leave types as required by our group customers or other Federal, State, Local laws
- Creates and executes individual claim action plans, serves as point of contact for the claimant and provides a high-level of service to the claimant, including delivering on commitments, timely return of phone calls, and clear communication, and makes claim decisions.
- Proactively communicates/updates to partners that may be working with the claimant when key events are being considered or have occurred (Closure, RTW, etc.)
- Meet and Exceed Operational Efficiency goals, Demonstrate Service Delivery and Customer Satisfaction goals, including prioritizing actions, appropriately utilizing resources timely, maintain data integrity through accurate benefit decision and payment
- Accountable for accurate financial decisions on block of claims with financial base benefit amount up to $6250.00 per week per claim decisions made in accordance with Customer provisions
- Performs other related duties as assigned or required
Prior experience required
skills: Insurance Claim Processing
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.