The Human Resources Manager will provide guidance and support to Senior Management within the areas of pre-employment screening, onboarding, orientation, new hire, performance management, compliance, compensation, benefits, work place safety, employee relations, compliance and regulatory issues.
location: Boca Raton, Florida
job type: Permanent
salary: $80,000 - 85,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 6
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 8 Years
- Act as a strategic partner, advising business leaders on the development of the business group(s) plans and programs, particularly from the perspective of the impact on people. Analyze business unit data to identify trends and recommend solutions to improve performance, retention/engagement, and team member experience
- Partner with senior management within the areas of recruiting, compensation & benefits, work place safety and compliance, etc. to ensure the business groups receive the necessary services, support, and communications
- Provide management coaching to build leadership capabilities to address and resolve team member issues
- Advise leaders on organizational structures, compensation structures, and performance strategies to strengthen performance of business group
- Implement/administer/interpret policies/programs/procedures; manage compliance across the business, including policy creation, release, and adoption. Provide ongoing support to the leadership team on HR-related matters, policies, and procedures.
- Manage complex employee relations issues and investigations as needed to resolve potential conflicts, violations of policy, or workplace issues.
- Identify HR trends across the business groups and proactively design programs to address these trends; continually assess the competiveness and effectiveness of programs and practices against relevant comparable companies, industries, and markets.
- Assists hiring managers in the recruitment and selection of qualified candidates for open positions
- Monitors pre-employment screening testing and assessments for new hires and additional requirements for position changes
- Assists with all new hire documentation in compliance with company standards and government regulations and conducts new hire orientation
- Monitors the status of associates on leaves of absence, including workers compensation, and facilitate their return to work
- Meets with department managers throughout the company regarding turnover and open positions
- Ensures compliance with company Human Resources processes, procedures and approval requirements
- Answers Human Resources policy questions
- Follows up on performance improvement plans and works on any compliance issues
- Investigates, reports and resolves associate complaints and issues
- Serves as the liaison with other departments on Human Resources related issues
- Demonstrates behaviors consistent with the Company's Vision, Mission, and Values in all interactions with customers and co-workers
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and safety standards
- 6-7 years of Human Resources Generalist experience within medium to large companies
- 4-year degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Organizational Psychology or related area preferred
- Solid understanding of Human Resources compliance
- Ability to influence and partner with leadership and individual contributor levels of the organization to achieve results
- Strong HR and business acumen, including strong problem-solving skills, critical thinking, and self-initiative
- Must have the ability to diagnose problems and identify and drive appropriate solutions
- Demonstrated experience and/or knowledge in organizational development, change management, employee relations, and leadership development
- Demonstrated ability to drive human resource strategies and programs in a complex, fast growing, and dynamic environment.
- Working knowledge of MS office software - MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
skills: Human Resources, Flexible Benefit Administration (Cafeteria Plan), Benefit Cost Containment, Payroll Accounting & Benefits
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.