job summary: Job Description:
Minimum Years of Experience:
- The Company Internal Audit (IA) team is responsible for providing independent, objective assurance and consulting services designed to add value, minimize risk and improve operations.
- IA assists the Firm in accomplishing its strategic objectives by bringing a systematic and disciplined approach to the evaluation and improvement of processes focused on operations and risk management, financial controls and compliance, information systems, and governance processes.
- This requires an extensive understanding of risk management concepts (including enterprise risk management), auditing methodologies and control evaluation techniques.
3 Minimum Degree Required:
Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Management Information Systems or business related field Certification(s) Preferred:
CPA, CISA, CISSP and/or CIA
location: Tampa, Florida
job type: Contract
salary: $40 - 50 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 3 Years
responsibilities: Knowledge Preferred:
- Demonstrates some knowledge and/or a proven record of success in prior roles directly involving consulting, risk management or internal audit.
- Some knowledge of financial, operational and/or IT internal control methodologies and terminologies; risk management practices and techniques; and corporate governance and control standards (e.g., Sarbanes-Oxley, COSO, COBIT).
- Understanding of public accounting practices and internal audit processes, including technology and tools for planning, testing and reporting.
- Some knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and security and controls for the following technologies: UNIX, Windows, PeopleSoft, SAP, Oracle, and networks.
- Some knowledge of information technology general control concepts in the areas of system development, change management, computer operations and access to programs and data.
qualifications: Skills Preferred:
- Demonstrates some abilities and/or a proven record of success, as both an individual contributor and team member, with identifying and addressing stakeholder needs on internal projects related to risk management, compliance and/or control testing programs, including the following areas:
- Collaborating directly with internal stakeholders; developing an awareness of Firm services; approaching stakeholders in an organized and knowledgeable manner; delivering clear requests for information; and, demonstrating flexibility in prioritizing and completing tasks;
- Identifying key risks/controls and evaluating internal controls design;
- Creating high quality deliverables using appropriate business and technical language, especially developing and/or reviewing audit programs or testing work plans; adapting an audit program to suit a stakeholder's specific environment;
- Utilizing consistent creative problem-solving abilities and consultancy mindsets while working on, as well as researching problems and/or issues;
- Executing detailed audit work plans for the operational or IT audit component of the IA team, including evaluating the operating effectiveness of controls utilizing appropriate testing techniques;
- Interacting and coordinating with the firm's organizational units that are subject to audit, risk assessment and Sarbanes Oxley requirements (e.g., SOX 404 Internal Controls over Financial Reporting testing related to business cycle transactional controls and Entity Level Controls);
- Providing regular status reports to IA management and internal stakeholders, when necessary, to keep relevant parties informed of progress and potential issues.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.