The payroll specialist will play an integral role on the HR and Accounting teams. This is a standalone role that will manage the process and analyze payroll for 200+ exempt and non-exempt employees on a bi-weekly basis. To be successful in the position you must have in depth knowledge of payroll wage and hour laws, state, and local tax laws, pre and post-tax benefits, and 401K plans. This position requires attention to detail, organization, and effective collaboration through all levels of the organization.
location: Boston, Massachusetts
job type: Permanent
salary: $40,000 - 50,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 3 Years
- Prepare and process semi-monthly payrolls for 200+ employees
- Maintain payroll records by managing systems and collection, calculation of payroll information.
- Respond to and engage with employees regarding payroll, taxes, and benefits questions and requests in a friendly and efficient manner
- Comply with state, and local taxation and regulatory requirements, research existing and new legislation, and advise management on any necessary compliance actions
- Implement, and update payroll processes and procedures in utilizing existing payroll software
- Act as a liaison with other business functions including HR and Accounting teams, including ensuring timely processing of new hires and terminations
How to Apply
- Working proficiency with ADP Workforce Now payroll software preferred
- At least 3 years of experience in payroll / HR support functions
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) preferred
For immediate consideration, please forward a Word version of your resume to Lauren.Albright@randstadusa.com
skills: 401K, ADP, Benefit Administration, 1099s, Payroll - 50 - 500
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.