job summary: Cost Accounting Manager Needed!
Very prominent Food Distribution/CPG company in The Bronx, NY is looking for a Cost Accountant to manage their current Cost function. This person will work very closely with the CFO to develop and implement a new cost function to improve and maintain their overall growth.
location: Bronx, New York
job type: Permanent
salary: $60,000 - 70,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 6
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 3 Years
The Cost Manager will be responsible for the daily activity associated with Cost including but not limited to:
- Tracking and planning of inventory goods from raw material to finished product managing both physical inventory and their services
- Analyze forecasting vs. actuals cost with for production, distribution, cost burdens and expenditures
- Research, plan and execute new cost saving programs, policies and procedures
- Prepare reports and present findings to executive leaders
- Become proactive in identifying problems and discrepancies
- Assist in general ledger accounting and the month end close, inventory reconciliations
- Identify market trends?
- ?Ad hoc reporting
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- 5-7 years of Cost Accounting experience
- Strong Microsoft Excel and previous ERP systems
skills: General Ledger, Great Plains, Cost Accounting, Inventory, Inventory Physical, Job Cost, Earned Value Analysis, Cost Reporting, Project Cost, Direct Cost, Activity Based Cost, Cost of Goods Sold, Contract Close Outs, Standard Cost/Cost Accounting Standards, Manufacturing Cost Acct, General Accounting and Finance Skills, Activity Based Costing, Job Costing, Standard Costing
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.