Financial Analyst II
Financial Analyst II
This position reports to the Accounting Director in a major entertainment company.
We are looking for a Financial Analyst to work in the General Accounting group. This position will work extensively with members of the Finance and Accounting groups to book adjustments related to general, rights and production accounting. Additionally, this individual will maintain rights schedules and perform monthly variance analyses on the assigned networks. He/she must be able to handle a large volume of tasks and possess the ability to prioritize. He/she must work closely with business units to complete assigned tasks.
location: Los Angeles, California
job type: Contract
salary: $33 - 38 per hour
work hours: 9 to 6
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 3 Years
- Responsible for the close process for several sports networks.
- Prepare monthly rights amortization, production flash accruals and prepaid talent amortization
- Prepare monthly close adjustments including, but not limited to, balance sheet reclassifications, accruals, revenue recognition, rights and production
- Prepare adjusting entries in a timely manner
- Interact directly with Finance group to obtain proposed journal entries, resolve unusual items or discrepancies/reclassifications
- Maintains fixed asset module to record additions, disposals and depreciation for assigned networks
- Reconciles the fixed asset module to the general ledger monthly.
- Works with the Commitment Authorization System (CAS) to ensure accurate and timely approval of capital projects and expense authorizations.
- Reconcile bank accounts related to assigned networks monthly, including monitoring and working with other departments to clear o/s items in a timely manner
- Prepare monthly variance analysis which will be provided to management. Variance analysis includes rights, production and season trend analysis
- Prepare monthly financial statement packages for applicable networks
- Prepare accounts reconciliations for assigned networks
- Active role in implementing process improvements and internal controls testing to ensure compliance with Company policy and SOX
- Assist with internal and external audit requests
- Ensure completion of quarterly reporting schedules
- Prepare monthly cash flows in a timely manner ensuring all deadlines are met
- Monitor standardization of accounting policies across networks, ensuring consistency in treatment and submissions from Finance to streamline processes
- Responsible for ad hoc reporting, analysis and/or other projects as required
- Ability to handle large volume of entries for review given deadline constraints
- Detail oriented while maintaining efficiency
- Bachelor degree with emphasis in Finance or Accounting
- 2-3 years accounting experience is required - general accounting skills are a plus
- Self-starter, accountable and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to multi-task with attention to detail, accuracy and excellent follow up
- Ability to work independently following prescribed schedules and be resourceful
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) is required.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills, and the aptitude to communicate with all levels of management
- Knowledge of JD Edwards Enterprise One or other ERP general ledger system a plus
skills: MS Outlook, MS Office
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.