Randstad Professionals is actively assisting a long time commercial real estate client with their search for a Senior Property Accountant located in Charlotte, NC. Our client is a well established firm operating heavily in the southeast, providing property management, development, acquisitions, brokerage, leasing and construction management services.
location: Charlotte, North Carolina
job type: Permanent
salary: $60,000 - 75,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 4 Years
- Responsible for accurate month-end closing including general ledger entries
- Analyze invoices and expenses to determine accruals monthly
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts monthly
- Generate, review and reconcile loan and escrow payments
- Review of income statement and budget comparison for accuracy monthly
- Review of invoices and receipts
- Prepare bank reconciliations monthly
- Timely preparation of monthly financial statements
- Ensure critical payments are paid timely each month
- Work with property management and third-party owners to ensure timely and accurate delivery of reports and services as it relates to property accounting
- Review of monthly tenant billings
- Review of lease data entry, billings and reconciliations
- Year-end preparation of workpapers and documentation for tax return preparation and audit
- Review completed tax returns
- Required experience in commercial property management accounting, including day to day activity of accrual and cash basis accounting, accounts receivable, accounts payable and lease administration; management reporting and solid understanding of CAM and CAM reconciliation procedures.
- GAAP accounting experience
- Proficiency with property management software required; Yardi experience a plus
- Four-year accounting/finance degree required
*Qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to apply directly or to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate and confidential consideration.
skills: Financial Statements, Accruals, GAAP, Fiduciary Accounting, General Accounting and Finance Skills
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.