Our hospitality industry client in Ft. Lauderdale is hiring a Controller to support the growth requirements for their accounting department including process implementation, automation, and financial systems infrastructure improvement. This position will act as the "right hand" to the Chief Financial Officer and ensure accurate financial reporting and presentation to the executive team.
location: Fort Lauderdale, Florida
job type: Permanent
salary: $120,000 - 140,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Master's Degree
experience: 10 Years
This position will have the following key responsibilities:
- lead while maintaining hands on involvement with the accounting function including periodic financial activity, monthly closes, inventory monitoring, payroll review, and balance sheet reconciliations
- lead financial systems upgrades
- interface with external auditors
- manage a current accounting staff of 8-10
- implement process improvements and automation to enable the accounting function to scale with organizational growth
The right candidate for this role must possess the following qualifications:
- 10+ years accounting experience in a multi-location operation
- Retail or hospitality industry experience preferred
- 3+ years staff management experience
- process improvement experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- CPA or Master's in Accounting preferred
If you are looking for an opportunity to join a growth organization and be part of team-oriented culture where you can implement process improvements, this is an opportunity for you!
For immediate response, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
skills: Account Reconciliation, Month-End Close
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.