We are currently looking for a Payroll Specialist here in Charlotte!
location: Charlotte, North Carolina
job type: Contract
salary: $18 - 24 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
education: No Degree Required
experience: 2 Years
- Perform pay calculations, retro calculations, adjustments and audits to assist with the processing of the bi-weekly, multi-state, payroll
- Access external systems to export, review, and validate production and timekeeping data used for payroll
- Review payroll data for accuracy, employee record changes, and management approval
- Update and audit data related to new hires, payroll changes, and terminations
- Prepare and maintain periodic payroll reports including earnings, tax, deduction summaries
- Ensure compliance with company policies and practices as well as local, state, federal laws and guidelines
- Troubleshoot and respond to questions regarding paychecks, taxes, time cards, direct deposit and other payroll related matters from employees, HR and other internal departments
- 3-5 years of experience processing payroll in a multi-state model
- High level knowledge of federal, state and local payroll tax and compensation laws.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office suite (Outlook/Excel/Word), specifically MS Excel
- High level of organizational and time management skills with attention to detail
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to identify, research, and analyze data to resolve discrepancies
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and safeguard sensitive information
For immediate consideration, please apply or email resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
skills: Payroll Processing, A/R Review
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.