Senior Internal Auditor - Working with a multi-billion dollar publicly traded company in San Francisco that is seeking a Senior Internal Auditor over their Operational Audit functions. This is a great role to get into the operations of a business and help make an impact. Excellent benefits and overall culture. Qualified candidates will have 5-6+ years of Operational Audit experience and excellent communication skills. CIA OR CPA a plus.
location: San Francisco, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $100,000 - 120,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
responsibilities: Position Summary
This position will serve as a Senior Internal Auditor in the Internal Auditing Department and reports to Internal Auditing's Senior Manager of Operational auditing and will be responsible for performing audits of the companies operations. The candidate should have strong analytical and client skills, and excellent business judgment. Job Responsibilities
As a senior internal auditor, you will be responsible for leading assignments with a broad scope and complexity in a team environment. The key aspects of the role include:
- Developing and communicating risk-based audit plans with staff auditors.
- Defining expectations for each audit project including objectives, scope, timing, key contacts, and deliverables.
- Communicating expectations to staff auditors and tracking time budgets for assignments.
- Working with clients and your audit team to ensure the successful development of risk assessments, design of audit programs, and completion of integrated audits to produce high quality reports. These reports are used by the business to enhance risk management and the Board Audit Committee to ensure strong corporate governance.
- Providing expertise on the design of controls into new and existing business processes.
- Identifying control gaps, assisting management in creating action plans to address risks and ensuring that action plans are completed.
- Influencing process improvements with business owners.
- Participation in creating annual audit plan.
- Providing feedback to staff auditors on audit performance and mentoring new members of the Internal Auditing Department.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of five years of internal auditing experience
- CPA and CIA certification
- Thorough knowledge of analyzing and developing risk assessments and assessing risk within a process or business function
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Organized and able to effectively manage multiple, diverse tasks and adhere to tight deadlines
skills: Operational Audit
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.