One of our best clients is excited to offer an amazing career opportunity for an experienced Construction Project Manager. No job is too big or too small for this role! Please apply directly if you have the required skills!!Responsible for accomplishing all project objectives and managing all project team members.
location: Edison, New Jersey
job type: Permanent
salary: $100,000 - 150,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
- Key project management responsibilities include creating clear and attainable project objectives, building the project requirements, and managing the constraints of time, scope and quality.
- Determine and implement the needs of the client, based on knowledge of project goals.
- Bridge gap between the production team and client.
- Ensure that the key issues of cost, time, quality and above all, client satisfaction, can be realized.
Initial Project Stage:
- Manage contract development and ensure timely execution of contract.
- Alert sub-contractors of impending project start date and initiate buy-down of job.
- Coordination with Finance to invoice pre-start project billings as necessary.
- Prepare Purchase Orders in timely fashion.
- Educate project Superintendent and Field Foreman with project specifics and details.
- Order long lead items for on time delivery.
- Coordination and expedition of documents between sub-contractors, architect, suppliers, client and local agencies.
Advanced Project Stage:
- Arrange project meeting schedule and prepare meeting agendas.
- Conduct project meetings according to schedule and prepare meeting minutes. Distribute minutes in a timely fashion.
- Maintain a log of ongoing project issues and indicate resolutions.
- Coordinate with Finance to ensure invoicing is current with job stage/ job completion and in accordance with policies/procedures.
- Develop and provide Change Order pricing quickly and accurately with Managements approval.
- Initiate and ensure all changes are properly documented. Submit the supporting documents and receive client approval prior to commencement of work.
Final Project Stage:
- Coordinate progress billings from client and approve progress payments to vendors.
- Act as liaison between client and Finance manager.
- Minimize final punch list requirements by providing attention to details during the project.
- Complete job within projected project profit amount.
- Follow up with client to ensure overall satisfaction with job.
- Continued client contact to establish a relationship and the potential for future projects.
qualifications: Requirements and Qualifications:
- 5 years of Project Manager experience in Construction
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Construction Execution experience required
- General Contractor experience required
- Commercial construction preferred
skills: Project Management, Project Cost, Project Management Professional, $0-50 million
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.