The Accounting Associate is responsible for performing day-to-day accounting and administrative duties to support the efficient operation of the accounting and finance departments.
location: Silver Spring, Maryland
job type: Permanent
salary: $50,000 - 55,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Associate's degree
experience: 1 Years
- Perform general accounting and clerical functions to support the accounting and finance departments
- Track, research, and help resolve invoicing issues
- Record daily deposits and other transactions into the accounting system
- Update CRM system to add and maintain vendors, contacts, client projects, and other data
- Support A/R processes by assisting in the quarterly billing process cycle; sending invoice due reminders, compiling and sorting incoming invoices and payments, reconciling incoming payments to open invoices, and assisting with outgoing A/R mail
- Reconcile employee receipts with expense reports and prepare expense reports for payment
- Maintain accurate records of newsletter subscribers and terminations within the subscription platform
- Organize and maintain accounting department files and records
- Perform ad-hoc work/special projects as necessary to support ACA on various client and internal initiatives
- This summary of responsibilities provides a general list of certain key job responsibilities, but is not intended to provide a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job or to capture all responsibilities for this position. Not all functions listed may be performed and other duties may be assigned to meet business needs, in ACA's sole discretion.
- Associates Degree preferred - major or concentration in accounting or finance preferred
- Minimum of one year experience performing accounting administrative duties in a professional office setting preferred
- General understanding and knowledge of basic math and accounting principles
- Knowledge or experience with Deltek platform(s) a plus
- Demonstrates professional integrity
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced, small-team environment
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills with attention to detail
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications, Adobe Acrobat, and the Internet
Please Apply Here!
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.