Excellent opportunity for a Junior Accountant who ideally wants to gain experience in the Tax field and or transition to a Tax position. We are ideally seeking a Junior Accounting Professional with 0-3 years of tax/accounting/business experience. Looking for someone who wants to do tax with a great attitude!
The tax accountant will prepare tax returns for Personal Property, Insurance Premium, and state & local Sales and Use Tax. The individual will also maintain tax files and assist with special projects, G/L account reconciliations, reconciliations for tax return preparations, and tax audits for numerous legal entities in a fast-paced, multi-state environment for a Fortune 500 company
location: Jacksonville, Florida
job type: Permanent
salary: $48,000 - 55,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 1 Years
- Prepare, review, and file various tax returns for state and local reporting as well as other areas of tax compliance;
- Maintain current knowledge of tax laws, updates, and revisions and inform management of issues affecting company and its subsidiaries;
- Manage multiple projects and responsibilities while meeting statutory and internal deadlines;
- Investigate and propose resolutions for tax notices and discrepancies;
- Maintain excellent and thorough tax records for internal and external audit purposes;
- Reconcile tax accounts and prepare schedules;
- Assist with tax audits;
- Review decisioning in internal tax software systems for accuracy and maintenance
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field from an accredited four-year college or university or an equivalent combination of education and experience as required for specific job level (due to continual changes in tax regulations).
- Attention to detail and maintain confidentiality
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office, especially Excel and Word
- Experience with Oracle, PTMS, Vertex and Premium Pro a plus
Click to apply or call Karla Alfonzo - Practice Director at 904-438-2975 to express your interest and discuss your qualifications. We are ready to interview you today!
skills: Account Reconciliation, Sales & Use Tax
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.