Immediate need for a Senior Accountant to manage and execute all components of the month-end and annual close. The incumbent will ensure the accurate and timely completion of accounting transactions and functions on a daily, weekly and monthly basis. This individual will ensure that proper controls are maintained within the areas of accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, and the financial function of the association management system.
The Senior Accountant reports directly to the CFO and will be a key member of the Operation's Team and will work closely with other operational teams, such as the Membership and Conferences teams.
location: Washington, District Of Columbia
job type: Permanent
salary: $60,000 - 75,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
Manage and execute the month-end accounting process
- Prepare and post month-end journal entries for cash receipts, prepaids, depreciation, deferred revenue, indirect and fringe, grant revenue and other miscellaneous general ledger and job cost entries;
- Update and maintain supporting schedules for prepaids, depreciation, accruals and deferred revenue;
- Reconcile all bank accounts;
- Update and enter credit card fee entry;
- Prepare monthly budget status reports and financial statements.
Reconcile balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis
- Prepare invoices as needed
- Reconcile invoices with general ledger monthly;
- Handle collections; and
- Update Federal cash transaction reports and draw-down on funds for federal agencies as required.
Work with the conferences and membership teams to develop and monitor annual budgets.
Back-up the Senior Director of HR for the payroll function (thru Paychex) and Back-up the Office Operation's Manager for the accounts payable function, as needed.
Work with the CFO on general tasks
- Assist in developing the annual corporate budget;
- Prepare necessary schedules for annual audit;
- Identify and implement process and quality improvements;
- Other tasks as assigned.
Act as the liaison between the Operation's Team and other departments, (Membership and Conferences team), to ensure proper protocols for payment processing are followed.
- Maintain and manage the financial and conference functions in association management system;
- Reconcile revenue for organization's conferences, seminars, exhibits, advertising and sponsorship; and
- Provide on-site registration assistance for large conferences, as needed.
- 5+ years accounting experience or 3 yrs working directly in a job-cost and/or association accounting environment;
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance; CPA a plus
- Skilled with Excel and accounting software (preferably Sage 100).
- Knowledge of guidelines that govern federal grants and contracts is a plus
If interested, please contact: email@example.com
skills: Excel, Accounts Payable
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.