Payroll and Benefits Specialist
Venerable Real Estate Investment Firm in San Francisco is seeking a Payroll & Benefits Specialist in a crucial role to support both payroll processing and HR functions. Strong corporate culture, tight-knit team and great work atmosphere. ADP Workforce Now experience preferred.
location: San Francisco, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $75,000 - 85,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Associate's degree
experience: 3 Years
- Work with accounting department on proper payroll allocation/general ledger documentation and reporting.
- Ensure all payroll activities conform to company policies and standards and federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- Set up new employees and enter changes in the payroll system in a timely and accurate manner.
- Audit the HR Coordinator's data entry to ensure accuracy of data in HRB and ADP.
- Set up and maintain garnishment payments in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. Provide required information to collecting agencies.
- Process manual checks as required within established timeframes.
- Set up special payrolls for special payments, including bonuses as required.
- Promptly respond to and resolve payroll and benefits inquiries from employees.
- Process and track all benefits carrier invoices.
- Work with insurance broker and carriers on benefits and payroll related items.
- Other HR administrative tasks and projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or a relevant combination of experience and an Associate's degree.
- 3+ years of experience processing payroll for a similar-size company.
- ADP's Workforce Now experience highly preferred.
- Intermediate proficiency or above in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access database software.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality and professionalism.
For immediate & confidential consideration, contact me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
skills: Payroll - 50 - 500
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.