A well known healthcare provider on the Eastside is looking to bring on a new Senior Accountant to join their General Ledger team. This position is an excellent opportunity for someone with a background in healthcare, so don't wait to apply!
location: Kirkland, Washington
job type: Permanent
salary: $80,000 - 90,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 3 Years
Essential Job Functions
- Provides financial support to designated departments including; budget support, research and answer questions regarding general ledger reports, journal entries, and other accounting matters raised by managers and other hospital staff, review Revenue & Expense reports and post appropriate accruals monthly, provide support for departmental variance reporting, and support process improvements within the departments.
- Reconciles general ledger accounts on a monthly basis.
- Prepares and keys monthly journal entries into PeopleSoft general ledger system.
- Records monthly activity from various "non-interfaced" systems and balances general ledger control accounts.
- Understands generally accepted accounting principles and is able to apply them to financial data/transactions.
- Responsible for the "Accountabilities" associated with this position in support of the organization.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED for the position:
- 3 years of accounting experience
- Prior computerized general ledger experience
DESIRED for the position:
- Bachelor degree in Business with an emphasis in accounting
- Computer skills with ERP system
- Accounting experience in a health care organization
skills: General Ledger, Account Reconciliation
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.