A company south of Seattle is looking to add a Staff Accountant to their growing team. This is a non profit devoted to bettering the community it serves, so the right candidate would also be community-minded and devoted to helping their neighbors!
location: Bellevue, Washington
job type: Permanent
salary: $50,000 - 55,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 1 Years
responsibilities: JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reconcile assigned balance sheet accounts
- Prepare journal entries such as to record accounting activity to the General Ledger as assigned
- Provide accounting support to cost center owners and other business partners
- Support financial statement audit requests, specific to areas of responsibility
- Load monthly activity into the General Ledger from supporting systems
- Participate in organizational initiatives to improve operational efficiencies
- Other accounting functions as needed.
- This position does not manage or supervise people.
qualifications: KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Desire to work with people of diverse backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives
- Strong alignment with our organizational values
- Ability to work with data from various systems
- Solid accounting knowledge and experience with internal controls with the ability to solve research and resolve problems
- Effective written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to be flexible and responsive to changing priorities
- Able to work well under pressure to meet deadlines
- Ability to be self-directed, take ownership, and complete work in a timely manner
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and a strong customer service orientation
- Ability to work collaboratively, exercising good judgment, decision-making, and problem-solving skills to achieve shared goals
- High ethical standards and a positive, professional demeanor
- A combination of the experience, education, and training listed below which provides an equivalent background to perform the work of this position.
skills: General Ledger, Account Reconciliation
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.