Excellent opportunity available for a Junior Accountant with at least 1-2+ years of experience in Accounting who enjoys learning in a fast paced environment and is ready to jump into new challenges. Ideally seeking for a Junior Accountant who has worked in accounting (internship experience is welcome!) and has solid technical skills with MS Excel.
You would work for a large and publicly traded company that is shaping their systems and processes and highly encourages an entrepreneurial spirit.
location: Jacksonville, Florida
job type: Permanent
salary: $45,000 - 55,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 1 Years
Under general supervision, this position is responsible for general ledger journal entries, month-end close procedures, and analyzing balances in accounts for appropriateness. This position performs account reconciliations and is required to have detailed knowledge of all general ledger accounts and their contents. This position is required to meet all scheduled monthly financial reporting and tax deadlines, and provide accurate and timely analysis and research as needed.
- Assist with one or more general ledger accounts in assigned accounting area(s) to include preparation of supporting schedules, preparation of appropriate journal entries, and reconciliation of account(s).
- Assist in the month-end, quarter-end and year-end close.
- Perform related duties and responsibilities.
- Participate in other initiatives as assigned.
- Must be a self-starter and results driven.
- Positive and professional demeanor, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and ability to interact effectively with a variety of team members in various departments.
- Collaborative skills: works cooperatively with others across the organization to achieve shared objectives
- Excellent analytical, problem solving skills, and attention to detail.
- Undergraduate 2 year degree required (4 year degree preferred) from an accredited College/University, Accounting or Finance Major preferred.
- Up to 2 years of related work experience.
- Basic understanding and proficiency of US or local GAAP (general accepted accounting principles).
- Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, Share Point.
- Experience within the Distribution industry and familiarity with ERP systems and operational requirements preferred.
skills: General Ledger, Financial Reporting, Bank Reconciliations, Month-End Close
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.