Rapidly growing technical/media company is looking for a Controller to lead the accounting staff and manage the day-to-day accounting, month-end, financial reporting and financial position of company
location: Matawan, New Jersey
job type: Permanent
salary: $100,000 - 120,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 6
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
- Responsible for month end close and preparing monthly, quarterly and yearly financial statements and related reports including balance sheets, income statements, cash-flow reports, etc.
- Manage accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, purchasing and royalty reporting.
- Establish accounting policies and procedures in accordance with GAAP
- Process improvements and system implementation.
- Financial reporting.
- Assist with annual audit and preparation of annual tax documents.
- Managed and lead accounting team
- Assist with budget preparation and variances analysis.
- Analyze organization's financial position and present findings and recommendations to senior management.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) in Finance or Accounting
- CPA Required
- 5+ years of progressive accounting experience, mix of public accounting and industry experience
- 2+ years Controller or Assistant Controller experience preferred
skills: Audit - External
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.