Our client a mid sized CPA firm on Long Island (near the LIRR and Highway) is searching for 2 Auditors, with in the real estate, Public Accounting, or Professional Services industry
location: Uniondale, New York
job type: Permanent
salary: $65,000 - 85,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 6
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 3 Years
- Perform paperless financial statement audits of entities operating in the Real Estate industry throughout New York City.
- Prepare certified financial statements with schedules and footnotes for Manager review.
- Prepare and complete required audit programs and checklists using PPC ESmart Tools.
- Post client's trial balance into Thomson Reuters' products.
- Acquire confirmations for bank, mortgage, legal and insurance.
- Review and reconciliation of bank, brokerage and investment accounts.
- Prepare and maintain schedule of client's fixed assets.
- Conduct necessary field work required for the audit.
- Prepare budgets, forecasts, and projections.
- Financial planning for capital expenditures
Tax planning and compliance
- Prepare extensions and estimates and applicable tax work papers.
- Prepare Federal, State, and Local income tax returns using Thompson Reuters' UltraTax.
qualifications: To qualify:
- Bachelor's: accounting, finance, or business discipline
- Supported by 3 to 5 years' work experience as an auditor in a public accounting firm
- Experience leading the planning, execution and reporting on audits of financial statements applying US GAAP
- Excellent communication skills and a collaborative approach to management
- Microsoft Excel and Word, Thompson Reuters' UltraTax, Practice CS
skills: GAAP, Reuters, Audit - Internal, Audit - External
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.