Exciting new opportunity with large public company in Costa Mesa!
This is a great role for someone to make the transition straight out of public accounting!
This Senior Accountant role will give you excellent exposure to senior leadership and can pivot easily into more senior management roles within a few years of good work.
location: Costa Mesa, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $80,000 - 100,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 3 Years
Senior Accountant responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Coordinate the preparation of the organization's annual audited financial statements, comprised of:
o 1 consolidated GAAP financial statement (issued in late April)
o 1 combined statutory-basis financial statement (issued in late April)
o 3 benefit plan financial statements (issued in early October)
- Work cross-functionally with Investments, Tax, Payroll, Benefits, and Legal to ensure the accuracy and completeness of the annual audited financial statements.
- Coordinate with the external auditors to ensure timely completion of the audits associated with the annual audited financial statements.
- Prepare annual regulatory analyses and reports supporting the insurance entities within the organization.
- Assist with research and analysis of new US GAAP and Statutory basis accounting pronouncements, related processes, and disclosure requirements.
- Research, prepare, and present analysis of new accounting pronouncements to Executive Management and the potential impact to the organization on a quarterly basis.
- Work with Executive Management on significant initiatives and providing input and analysis to ensure financial statement impacts are properly evaluated.
- Assist in analyzing and documenting current accounting practices and implementing improvements to policies and procedures.
We are seeking a Senior Accountant with the following qualifications:
- BS degree in Accounting/Finance or equivalent.
- Active CPA license, or at least 1 CPA exam section passed with the intention to complete all remaining exam sections, is strongly preferred.
- At least 3 years of progressive and relevant accounting experience, with Big 4 public accounting experience strongly preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work independently with Executive Management in the organization.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (especially Excel, Word, and Outlook) is required.
- Strong analytical and organization skills with willingness to work extra hours to meet deadlines.
- Experience working in a deadline-driven environment.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone coming straight out of public accounting, apply today!
skills: Financial Reporting - External, External Financial Statement Preparation
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.