This position is within the Tax group. You will operate within federal, state, and local laws, regulations, cases, and practices in preparing and filing federal/state and local fiduciary, charitable returns. You will research tax issues and collaborate with clients, Managers, and other service partners on tax matters.
location: Wilmington, Delaware
job type: Permanent
salary: $85,000 - 105,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
responsibilities: Job Profile
- Mentors and serves as a resource to less experienced tax accountants
- Prepares complex tax returns in order to meet compliance needs.
- Performs secondary review of less complex returns and serves as a mentor to less experienced accountants.
- Independently prepares and files tax returns of simple to moderate levels of complexity in compliance with federal, state and local statutes, cases, rulings and practices.
- Responds to service partner, client and tax authority inquiries. Prepares returns requiring credentialed preparation.
- Facilitates proper tax return preparation by conducting daily review of client account activity, receipts, disbursements, death notices, corporate reorganizations and exchanges and other corporate actions in client accounts. Determines and makes adjustments to entries as needed.
- Reviews trust instruments, wills and other documents.
- Participates in in-house and external training to enhance technical knowledge and to maintain professional credentials and certifications.
An Active CPA, is highly preferred Required Education and Experience
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting with a minimum of 5 years Tax experience.
skills: Form 1041 - Fiduciary, Form 1120 - "C" Corporation, Form 1120S - "S" Corporation, Form 1065 - Partnership
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.