Payroll & Benefits Administrator
Payroll and Benefits Administrator
Mid-size established investment company in the Tri-Valley is currently seeking a Payroll & Benefits Administrator that can support the Head of HR around full cycle Payroll as well as some HR support. Would support benefits, but also have an opportunity to get involved in a variety of other HR related activities and grow with the company over the long term. Company has a rich tradition of success and stability. Qualified candidates will have 5+ years of experience within Payroll and/or HR functions. Please apply directly for more information.
location: San Ramon, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $90,000 - 100,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: No Degree Required
experience: 5 Years
* Responsible for timely processing of weekly union and bi-weekly non-union payroll for close to 200 employees.
* Work closely with management to ensure payroll compliance; ie: verifying hours, OT, vacation and sick reporting and approvals, proper timecard approvals prior to processing.
* Administration of monthly union reporting of contributions, monitoring Union PTO with payroll, monthly and annual reconciliation.
* Ensuring accuracy of payroll deductions and costs.
* Timely and accurate payment of payroll liabilities.
* Process pay increases and retro payments; provide final payroll checks/vacation payout as needed for terminations.
* Reconcile general ledger with regard to all payroll transactions; will act as a liaison between Accounting and HR.
* Benefits Administration- including enrollments, terminations, changes, annual open enrollment; manage benefit withholdings through payroll deductions, 401(k), HSA, FSA, all other benefits. COBRA Administration.
* Works with HR to ensure compliance with company's procedures and practices for terminations & onboarding of new hires.
* 401(k) administration to include payroll uploads, match contributions, end of year reconciliation, annual 5500 reconciliation and audit administration.
* Oversee 401(k), Worker's Comp and 3 Union annual audits (Carpenters, Laborers and Engineers) . OSHA 300 record keeping and posting.
* Communicate with employees about compensation, benefits and other facts of their employment.
* Respond to questions or complaints from employees in a timely fashion.
* Oversee Worker's Compensation to include claims management; reporting, follow up with employees/claim rep/nurse case manager with follow through to closure.
* Worker's compensation monthly reporting and payment.
* Timely responses to VOE's verbal or written, levies, EDD claims/benefit statements, UI Filing responses, EDD new hire registry. Administer judgements, process wage order compliance through Paycom.
* Administer FMLA, CFRA, SDI, PDL, PFL and integration with payroll.
* Process confidential payables upon request.
* Manage all required annual reporting- W2's, state and federal filings/EFT's, EEO 1 annual reporting and determination.
* Census reporting/filing; CMS data match, Medicare Part D, EDD, IRS, DOL. ? Payroll tax payments.
* Administer and maintain background check process for subcontractors, audit prep and response
* All other payroll, Benefits and HR related duties as assigned.
* 5+ years payroll and benefits administration experience
* Experience in working with HRIS and payroll systems
* Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
* Able to effectively communicate both written and verbally with all levels of organization * Professional demeanor
* Dependable, responsible and trustworthy
* Organized and able to meet critical deadlines
* Creative and innovative, looks for ways to process improvements to improve team member experiences and efficiencies.
* Team oriented and collaborative; able to work across all departments of organization effectively to achieve optimal outcomes for all involved.
* Be familiar with Human Resources and industry standards, concepts, practices and procedures
skills: Payroll Processing
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.