Senior Accountant - High growth pre-IPO global disruptive technology company is currently seeking a Senior Accountant for their corporate accounting group. This role will support the Senior Accounting Manager with a variety of GL and corporate accounting functions, variance analysis, GAAP accounting, audit support, and special projects to help develop the department and streamline processes. Excellent mid-term growth and learning. Qualified candidates will have 4-6+ years of corporate accounting experience. BS in Accounting, Finance or related field. Please apply for consideration.
location: San Francisco, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $90,000 - 100,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 3 Years
Based in our San Francisco Headquarters office, you will be a key player in assisting the Accounting team with month-end closing and account reconciliations, audits, transactional and operational projects, controls, policies, and other ad-hoc projects.
- Manage various General Ledger functions surrounding the month end close process; including preparation of journal entries, account reconciliations, analysis of results, and assist with the close reporting package
- Help lead accounting projects, including the design and implementation of key finance systems, internal controls, global close efficiency, audit readiness, and management reporting
- Work closely with FP&A and business partners to generate, record, reconcile, and maintain accrual balances and monthly budget versus actual analysis
- Assist with internal controls, policies, procedures, and scalability process improvements including documentation of the control environment
- Streamline month-end close process, defining consistent accounting methodology for G/L accounts and accelerating close deadlines
- Support external audit requirements related to specific areas of responsibility
- Advise less experienced staff regarding the handling of non-routine transactions
- Manage sales and property taxes filings
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- 3-7 years of relevant work experience in Finance, Accounting, Audit or related areas
- Solid knowledge of accounting policies/procedures and financial statements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to actively manage competing deliverables and solve complex issues independently
- Strong team player, capable of working cross functionally with teams, fostering a positive work environment
skills: General Ledger
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.