A publicly traded company with a multi-location presence is looking to hire a Senior Accountant to the General Ledger team in Anchorage, Alaska. This position will take the lead on running the month end close process and be pivotal in implementing ASC 842 for lease accounting. This person does not need to have extensive experience in lease accounting, but the ability and desire to learn. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to gain additional skillsets to their experience!
location: Anchorage, Alaska
job type: Permanent
salary: $80,000 - 85,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 7 Years
- Efficient and accurate reconciliation of high volume and/or complex bank accounts including maintenance of related spreadsheets and preparation of related journal entries and accruals
- Preparation of monthly recurring journal entries and accruals
- Research G/L related questions and prepare correcting and special request JE's as required and Accounting and analysis support for employees in other departments
- This is an advanced level position and functions under minimal supervision.
- Other duties including but not limited to preparing audit work papers as directed and providing backup support in absence of other G/L group members
- Minimum of 7 years of progressively responsible general ledger accounting experience.
- CPA experience may substitute for general ledger accounting experience and will be at the hiring manager's discretion based on size/location of the firm and the type of work done.
- High School diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor's degree in Accounting or closely related field required.
Click to apply!
skills: Management, General Ledger, Account Reconciliation, Financial Statements, Journal Entries, Accruals, SEC Reporting, Financial Reporting, Bank Reconciliations, Internal Controls, GAAP, Month-End Close, Financial Audit, Year End Close, SOX, Lease Administration, Audit - Internal, Technical Accounting & Research, General Accounting and Finance Skills
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.