This is a contract role expected to last 3 months.
location: Atlanta, Georgia
job type: Contract
salary: $25 - 30 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 3 Years
- Must develop expert knowledge of Reliance's Fund Accounting (InvestOne), Custody (AddVantage), Portfolio Management (IMS), and Shareholder Recordkeeping (FIS TA) platforms.
- Perform the calculation of daily Net Asset Values ("NAVs") for Collective Investment Trusts or Unitized Accounts.
- Confirm that all fund capital stock activity is valid and properly loaded to department systems.
- Ensure that all trades and settlements are accurately processed on Fund Accounting software.
- Review fund expenses and expense accrual calculations daily.
- Maintain calendar of anticipated income and corporate actions on fund assets and ensure income and corporate actions are properly processed on the appropriate date.
- Review reconciliation of shareholder, cash, and security positions between Shareholder Services, Fund Accounting, and Custody systems and ensure that all out of balance issues are addressed and documented.
- Ensure that all fund securities are accurately valued daily.
- Responsible for accuracy of fund Net Asset Values and their proper distribution to relevant firms, brokers, and third-party administrators.
- Monitor e-mail for directions applicable to processing on desk.
- Respond to client, broker, and TPA queries concerning fund activity, positions, and NAVs timely and accurately.
- Assume ownership and accountability for designated tasks, and assist other staff as needed.
- Meet all time-sensitive deadlines.
- Communicate clearly with other Reliance staff to ensure that client directed fund activity, security corporate actions, and reconciliation issues are appropriately acted upon.
- Participate in fund conversions and deconversions
- Review operational controls and procedures for adequacy and compliance.
1. Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting
2. Has worked for a financial services firm dealing with securities/investments
EXPERIENCE AND SKILL PREFERENCES
- Experience in Fund Accounting.
- Experience with processing security transactions: could include asset trading, processing corporate actions, handling security transfers, or security position reconciliation.
- Familiarity with InvestOne Fund Accounting system, and AddVantage Trust Custody system.
- Experience in Shareholder Servicing or Transfer Agent responsibilities.
- Experience interacting with the NSCC (National Securities Clearing Corporation), or DTC (Depository Trust Corporation).
MINIMUM SOFTWARE PROFICIENCY REQUIREMENTS
- Microsoft Office suite (particularly comprehensive knowledge of Excel).
EXPERIENCE AND SKILL MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
- BS/BBA Accounting and/or Finance or equivalent accounting experience.
- Must show initiative and not wait for direction.
- Outstanding writing and communication skills.
- Detail-oriented, should possess strong organizational skills.
- Ability to determine appropriate priority level for tasks and responsibilities based on instructions.
- Ability to learn quickly, motivation to research subjects related to job.
- Teamwork oriented.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.