The Senior Fixed Asset Accountant is responsible for ensuring fixed assets are accounted for properly under generally accepted accounting principles and for maintaining the company's fixed asset system. Goals & Objectives:
Education, Experience & Certification Requirements:
- Reconcile, track and report on all company owned and leased equipment activities
- Enforce company policies around procurement, disposal, and reporting
- Maintain accuracy of all fixed assets and equipment leases in operational systems
- Support projects related to tax and audit on an ad hoc basis
Preferred Education, Experience & Certification Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, or related field or equivalent combination of coursework and experience in directly-related field required
- 4+ years' experience in an fixed asset and lease accounting or similar position
- Accounting experience in a high volume environment with multiple business lines preferred
- Experience with transportation, maritime, automotive, manufacturing industry, and/or supply chain accounting practices preferred
- Experience with mid/large scale Enterprise Resource Systems (ERP) such as MAS500 preferred
location: Newark, Delaware
job type: Permanent
salary: $75,000 - 90,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 3 Years
responsibilities: Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage financial systems supporting the tracking and reporting of owned and leased equipment.
- Record fixed asset acquisitions and dispositions in the accounting system.
- Interface with auditors and maintain all records related to fixed asset additions and disposals.
- Track the compilation of project costs in fixed asset work-in-progress accounts, and capitalize those project costs once projects have been completed.
- Calculate depreciation for all fixed assets.
- Reconcile detail fixed asset and leased equipment systems to general ledger accounts related to fixed assets and leased equipment.
- Prepare monthly equipment reporting and reconcile to equipment used in the company's operations
- Coordinate follow ups as necessary with Treasury and Operations related to the maintenance of fixed asset and leased equipment activity.
- Coordinate leased equipment on-hire and off-hire activity with Treasury and Operations.
- Support capital expenditure (CAPEX) acquisition processes, including reporting against budgeted amounts, approvals, and tracking of commitments consistent with the Delegation of Approval policy.
- Oversee sales tax reporting related to asset acquisitions.
- Oversee compliance to policies and procedures related to the acquisition and disposal of assets.
- Prepare property tax returns and provide tax support as needed.
- Prepare audit schedules relating to fixed assets, and assist external auditors in their inquiries.
- Provide various reports and analysis as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
qualifications: Key Skills, Knowledge & Ability Requirements:
- Strong knowledge of GAAP required
- Proficiency with financial systems and software required
- Strong audit background, problem solving, and customer service skills
- Ability to read and interpret contracts, lease agreements, and legal documents.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills
- Ability to work under high pressure and in a fast-paced environment
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical skills
- Excellent organization skills
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office products at the following levels:
- Word, PowerPoint, Outlook: Basic level of skill
- Excel: Intermediate level of skill
- Engages and Inspires Others - leads with energy, self-confidence and understanding in ways that motivate colleagues to achieve more than they thought possible.
- Delivers Results - rigorously drives self and others to achieve high levels of individual and organization performance.
- Makes Sound Business Decisions - makes timely and well-informed decisions that advance critical priorities, capitalize on new opportunities, and resolve problems.
skills: Fixed Assets
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.