You will be responsible for managing the accounting operations for a reporting segment within the Finance group. You will work closely with management to provide strategic support to the Finance leadership team while striving to manage team independently.
location: Glen Allen, Virginia
job type: Permanent
salary: $95,000 - 115,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 6 Years
- Manage monthly, quarterly, and annual general ledger closing and reporting processes.
- Ensure internal controls are in place and functioning appropriately.
- Partner with IT resources to ensure controlled and timely closing of the general ledger and all underwriting source systems (including reinsurance and billing systems).
- Manage the preparation of division and segment packets to be presented to Finance leadership and business management.
- Present in quarterly closing calls and include key components of significant drivers impacting relevant account balances during the period.
- Assist with the compilation and/or review of insurance company financial statements and ensure compliance with statutory guidance and regulatory deadlines.
- Assist in the internal and external audit process.
- Manage multi-location teams and cross-functional project teams.
- Assist with monitoring and interpreting emerging accounting guidance and implement new accounting and disclosure standards as appropriate.
- 6+ years of experience with 3+ years of leading teams
- Heavy process improvement experience and project management
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting required; accounting graduate degree preferred
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) licensing required
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.