High growth start up consumer products / ecommerce company with about 100 people that started 4 years ago and has been scaling and is looking for a Controller to support their accounting team and building fiance infrastructure. Position would manage 3 staff and help build out their accounting operations including international accounting, corporate accounting, reporting, cost/inventory, technical accounting, AP/AR, payroll, etc. They have large growth plans and would like a strong Controller that can support the Head of Finance for the company and manage a team of 3 people. They have a mix of ecommerce platform, B2B and B2C channels as well. Qualified candidates will have Big 4 experience, CPA, and 8+ years of experience including 2+ years of experience in a Controller, Assistant Controller, Director of Accounting role. Qualified candidates please apply directly to this posting.
location: South San Francisco, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $185,000 - 215,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 8 Years
This Controller is responsible for the accounting operations of the company. The ideal candidate will enjoy working in a fast paced, team oriented environment. They will focus on production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company's reported financial results. The Controller will ensure that reported results comply with US GAAP financial reporting standards. The successful candidate will have experience building strong foundations within rapidly growing organizations and be able to flex between building process and operational work.
- Oversee a team of employees that span all facets of accounting
- Assist in developing and documenting sound accounting policies and procedures as we scale. Lead all aspects of accounting operations and help with month-end close processes, financial reporting, and account reconciliations
- Implement a control structure that is SOX compliant
- Execute and develop policies for inventory management, reserves, accruals and stock compensation
- Prioritize efficiency within the Accounting department in all decision making
- Collaborate with the Finance team on FP&A and other finance-related matters
- Participate in the annual budgeting process including strategies around new business and growth opportunities
- Collaborate with the leadership team to make sure that the finance team is using the best technology, tools, and processes for overall success
- 8+ years of experience leading an accounting team
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance, or related field
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) required
- Deep understanding of U.S. GAAP
- Big Four accounting experience highly preferred
- Strong ability to analyze and lead solutions for complex and technical accounting scenarios
- Knowledge with navigating ERP systems
- Great attention to detail and time management skills
- The ability adapt with competing deadlines
skills: General Ledger, GAAP, Technical Accounting & Research
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.