Randstad Accounting and Finance has partnered with one of the fastest growing Mortgage Bankers in the DFW and we are looking for the next Underwriting Manager to join their team!
The ideal candidate will be used to a high volume, fast paced environment.
location: Dallas, Texas
job type: Permanent
salary: $100,000 - 140,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: High School
experience: 5 Years
- Supervise a team of 10-15 underwriters.
- Performs second review of loan files on potential repurchases.
- Ensures that all processes are done in a timely fashion and in compliance with all applicable underwriting criteria of the company, investors and mortgage insurers.
- Answers technical questions with regard to all agencies' guidelines (FNMA, FHLMC, FHA, VA) and private investors.
- Performs employee reviews, and counseling when needed, as well as recommending salary increases, hiring and firing of regional underwriting staff, and tracking employee attendance.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in a management role.
- 5 years experience in the mortgage banking industry is required.
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with branch, regional and corporate personnel as well as outside vendors.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
skills: Loan Processing, Loan Administration, Mortgage Lending, Mortgage Underwriting, Loan Review, Government Mortgage
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.