My client, a Fortune 500 Consumer Goods Company, is looking to build a core team tasked with the vital function of effectively and efficiently coordinating the needs of the business, their customers and their associates through a centralized planning group. The Dispatch Planner position is available to support a variety of functions, including sales support, equipment, vending and distribution. This is a 3 to 6 month contract opportunity. Must be available to start work at 5 AM to 1:30 pm. Mon - Fri until the work is completed. Also, Looking for strong customer service skills and problem solving skills. Overtime as needed.
A comprehensive training program provided by the client from a variety of industries, educational paths and experience levels to succeed in this role. Previous experience in delivery, logistic/planning support and supply chain optimization helps minimize the learning curve.
location: Tampa, Florida
job type: Contract
work hours: 5am to 1:30pm
education: High School
experience: 3 Years
While the tools and area of specialization varies based on the function the Planner serves, the general responsibilities include:
- Planning and dispatching in an accurate and timely basis to meet established metrics.
- Working with management teams to ensure that scheduling, routing and service are optimized and efficient.
- Using software and tools to identify the lowest cost solution based on need.
- Continuously improving our dataset in an effort to optimize our model and service.
- Providing daily communication to management on labor and equipment needs.
To succeed in this role, candidates should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Planning & prioritization: Determine the necessary sequence of activities and the efficient level of resources required to achieve both short and long term goals.
- Problem solving: Evaluate a problematic situation and create a resolution based on planning and reasoning. Use logic, judgment, and data to drive decisions.
- Customer focused: Demonstrates a commitment to service which leads to satisfaction for both internal and external customers.
- Teamwork: Able to work as part of a multifunctional team to meet desired business goals.
- Relationship management: Establishes rapport and develop relationships with all key stakeholders.
- Analytical skills: Visualizes, articulates, and solves both complex and uncomplicated problems and concepts and make decisions that make sense based on all available information.
- Aptitude for technology: Quickly learn and apply knowledge, skills, and judgment by assessing and translating information technology into responsive and effective planning solutions. Experience with Microsoft Office (specifically Excel) required. Preferred experience with ERP systems such as SAP, ORACLE or JDE.
- High School Diploma required
- Bachelors a plus
- 0-1 years of planning and analytical experience
- 1-3 years of work experience
- Solid working experience in Microsoft Excel
Must be available to start work at 5 AM and Must be able to work Mon - Fri until the work is completed. Overtime as needed.
Click to Apply
skills: Analysis - Brand/Market
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.