Law Firm based in West LA is seeking a Staff Accountant to join their team.
location: Los Angeles, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $65,000 - 70,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 3 Years
- Processing, monitoring, analyzing, and reporting on Holdings and Fund investment portfolios. This role provides admin and tax related assistance to the Tax Manager who works out of state remotely.
- Maintains and monitors company's interests in various venture capital funds, special purpose vehicles and direct stock holdings. Compiles and summarizes fund financial performance and activities during the year.
- Maintains and monitors the interests of the individual investors in the portfolio including recording and tracking capital commitments, capital calls, and distributions, both in cash and in-kind.
- Maintains an accurate and up-to-date records of all fund and investors activities into the fund investment Masterfile and Database.
- Processes quarterly distribution and works with Accounts Payable to ensure timely and accurate issuance of distribution checks.
- Works with brokers and Managers to effect the sales of stocks distributed from investment funds and maintains an accurate records for tax reporting purposes.
- Monitors adherence and MVF Operating Agreements and ensures compliance with all regulatory requirements.
- Develops MVF Committee meeting packs, attends MVF Committee meetings and prepares minutes of meeting.
- Assists with the preparation of workpapers, and the filing and distribution of tax returns and MVF and K-1s for investors.
- Assists with due diligence procedures and assessments of prospective investment opportunities.
- Provides admin and tax related assistance to the Tax Manager
- Assists in preparing necessary paperwork for tax payments and returns
- Maintains historical files and copies of tax returns and payments
- Tracks tax payments to make sure checks or payments are made in a timely matter.
- Bachelors Degree
- 3+ years experience performing general accounting duties, including account analyses and reconciliation.
- Investment accounting experience
- Excellent oral & written communication skills
skills: Journal Entries
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.