Our publicly-traded real estate client is seeking a Senior Technical Accountant to join their new team!
location: El Segundo, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $85,000 - 95,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 3 Years
- Work closely with senior management in the development and implementation of accounting policies, procedures and controls.
- Research technical accounting matters and prepare memorandums and presentations, including Revenue Recognition, Impairment Analyses, Fair Value Accounting, Lease Accounting, and VIE/Consolidation Analyses, Stock-based compensation accounting, Mergers and Acquisitions (Business Combinations), Investment Accounting, Segment Reporting, and other specific transactions.
- Support the complete mergers and acquisitions cycle, from pre-deal due diligence through integration and business combination accounting / purchase accounting (ASC 805)
- Review contracts, evaluate and communicate accounting consequences of potential transactions
- Lead the ongoing development/establishment of accounting policies and procedures and operational strategies including the review and implementation of process and system changes.
- Identify, scope, evaluate and implement new and evolving ASUs and/or SEC requirements impact
- Make recommendations for improving system efficiencies and business practices as needed and ensuring that company policies and procedures are followed and establish the proper techniques to discover and prevent fraud
- Ensure compliance with internal control policies in a SOX environment
- Collaborate with external auditors to ensure successful audit results and compliance
- Assist with preparation and review of Quarterly and Annual Reports on Form 10-Q/K
- Collaborating with key business partners across the business including Tax, Treasury, FP&A, Legal, Operations and Internal Audit to ensure overall coordination of all financial accounting activities
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration.
- 3+ years experience, including public accounting experience and work with global companies with international operations.
- Experience in technical accounting research and assessments.
- CPA a plus.
skills: Technical Accounting & Research
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.